Report of Activities 2015-16
The activities of AOI Kerala State branch started with the installation of Dr.P.Gopikumar as the State President, Dr.P.T.Arunkumar State Secretary Dr.E.Rameshkumar State Treasurer on 10 Oct 2015 during TRENDTCON 2015, AOI South Zone and Kerala State conference held at Thrissur. Other office bearers Dr.R.Indudharan Vice President, Dr.P.R.Shyla, Dr.Prakash Abraham and Dr.K.P.Sharafudheen Joint Secretaries of North Zone respectively were also installed.
In the AOI South Zone General body convened during the same conference Dr.K.V.Devadas was unanimously elected as the Secretary General and Dr.Gopikumar as the Treasurer of AOI South Zone. The AOI SZ office will be functioning in Thrissur for the next 3 years.
As part of membership drive we could enrol 30 life members this year.Now the total strength of AOI membership is 585 as of 30-09-2016.
- AOI Thrissur chapter accorded a warm reception to the state office bearers at Pres.Dr Gopi kumar, Sec Dr Arun Kumar , Vice Pres Dr.Indudharan and Treasurer Dr Rameshkumar in the month of November 2015
- Observational Felloship committee met at Amritha Institute of Medical Sciences on 12-11-2015 to finalise the criteria, procedure of allotment of candidates and mou with institutions during the month of Jan. State Pres participated.
- State Pres inaugurated Sialology workshop on 19-12-2015 and the State Sec also attended. The event was organised by AOI Cochin chapter.
- Pres. Dr Gopikumar InauguratedAOI Malabar peripheral meet at Kannur in Dec 2015.
- State Pres. inaugurated an ENT medical camp for tribal people in the adivasi colony at Agali on Dec 15 in which State vice president, state secretary and state treasurer participated. The camp was organised by AOI Thrissur chapter.
- State office bearers attended 2 ORL camps in Thrissur and a family trip and get together arranged by AOI Thrissur.
- TUNE-IN, a CME workshop on Preventable Deafness and its management was organised at Amala Medical College jointly by department of ENT and AOI Thrissur on Jan 22. State President launched the Preventable Deafness project of AOI Kerala during the workshop in which other state office bearers were also present.
- State Pres, Vice President and State Sec, representing AOI Kerala, attended 2 meetings convened by the Government of Kerala for formulating State antibiotic policy at Cochin held in the month of Jan 2016.
- State President represented AOI Kerala in the National Workshop on NISS on 24-1-2016 at Chennai. The Meeting was organised by National IMA.
- AOI State Governing body was at Thiruvalla on 21-2- 2016 along with KENTCON 2016 organising Committee. The team visited the proposed venue of the conference.
- State Pres inaugurated Ascent academia at Perinthalmanna on Feb 6 .Dr ArunKumar Sec., and DR Ramesh Kumar Treasurer, attended the Temporal bone dissection course as special invitees at Ascent ENT hospital Perintalmanna and offered felicitations on Feb 7.
- Magenta 2016 was organised by AOI Malappuram chapter on 23rd&24th April. Live surgery workshop was felicitated by the state secretary and the conference by state president.
- Pres. Dr Gopikumar participated in the National AOI Midterm conference at Medikeri, Coorg on 28-5-2016.
- State President inaugurated AOI Malabar peripheral meet at Kozhikode on 29-5-2016. Event was organised by AOI Calicut chapter.
- State Pres. Dr Gopikumar,State Sec. Dr.Arun and Dr Devadas Sec. General AOI SZ attendedSouthzone Governing bodymeeting at Hyderabad on 12-6-2016.
- Three brain storming sessions on Treatment Guidelines were conducted on 5th, 19th and 26th of June 2016 at Thrissur by the Committee. Apart from state office bearers ENT colleagues from Medical colleges, academic institutions, private hospitals and Govt Health service actively participated. The Treatment Guidelines draft is ready for ratification by the GB.
- AOI SZ Secretary General, AOI Kerala President and Vice President participated in the AOI SZ Conference organising Committee meeting on 19-8-2016 at Bangalore.
- AOI Cochin chapter accorded a warm reception to the state office bearers on 25-8-2016.
19. State president presented the gold medal for best undergraduate student Ms Archana Lakshmanan 3rd MBBS student of amala medical college for securing highest mark in ENT, instituted by AOI chapter Thrissur in memory of Late Jose Kallukaran
20. Family trips. Arranged by Various chapters was another highlight of this year. Few Examples are – Thrissur AOI chapter conducted family trip to wynad.
AOI Malappuram arranged family trip to Nilgiris. Aoi Cochin arranged a family trip to Langkwai Malaysia, Trivandrum AOI arranged international CME and tourism to Manila Phillipines.
21. Focussed programmes
- Under guidance from respected seniors and other members of aoi kerala state a Treatment guideline policy in ENT, the pet project of our president, is in the final touches, which will be a great help to juniors as well as other members of AOI.
B Started OBSERVATIONAL FELLOWSHIP programme for junior ENT
Surgeons in 24 centres in various subspecialities of their interest.
22. The State office has received an application for the formation of a new AOI chapter “Malanad AOI chapter “at Kothamangalam from ENT surgeons in Kothamangalam, Thodupuza, Perumbavoor and Muvattupuzha area. State Pres convened two meetings, one at Kothamangalam on 1st Sep and second at Perumbavoor on 22nd Sep 2016 in which the State Sec also attended. Around 30 ENT surgeons are practicing in that area