AOI KERALA OBSERVATIONAL FELLOWSHIP
AOI Kerala State Branch Initiative
The AOI Kerala Fellowship training committee was constituted by Dr. C. John Panicker, the State President of AOI Kerala State Branch (2014-15) in the Executive Meeting held on 27th April 2014 at Manjeri with an intention to initiate a fellowship training programme especially for Junior ENT Surgeons of Kerala State through various ENT centres of excellence in the state & other parts of India.The first meeting of the Committee for initiation of post qualification Fellowship training was held on 28th June 2014, Saturday at 2 PM in the Library Hall of Travancore Medicity Medical College, Kollam.
The meeting decided to start the proposed training programme for the members of AOI Kerala in the ENT centres of Excellence, initially in the Kerala State, which may be later expanded to include such training centres in the whole country.
Structure of the Proposed Training Programme
- Duration – The duration of the proposed Training Programme will be 2 – 6 Weeks
- Certificate – The “Observational Fellowship Certificate” will be issued by the AOI Kerala State Branch on successful completion of Training.
For the issue of Certificate, the candidate should submit a ‘Report on the Training Received’ or Log Book (forwarded by the H.O.D of the centre) to the AOI Kerala State Branch.
- Should be AOI Kerala Life Members
- Should have completed Post Graduate Degree or Diploma in ENT
- Application – Candidate should apply for Training to the AOI Kerala State Branch in the specified Application Form forwarded by the concerned AOI Kerala Chapter Office Bearers.
- Selection – The selection committee will select the candidates for each training centre as per the following guidelines.
- 1 Year post qualification experience required for Diploma (D.L.O) candidates. (Post qualification experience is not required for M.S & D.N.B candidates)
- Only 2 centres for training in each sub speciality may be opted for at a time. (Eg. Centre A & B for Otology, Centre D & E for Laryngology etc.)
- Only 2 sub specialties can be opted for at a time (eg. Otology & Rhinology or Otology & Laryngology, or Rhinology & Sleep Science etc.)
- If there are more applicants for the same seat, the selection criteria will be depending on the following guidelines
- Qualification of Preference ( M.S > D.N.B > D.L.O)
- Post qualification Seniority (up to 10 Years)
- Scientific Publications, Scientific Paper Presentations, Meritorious Awards received by the Candidate.
- Age Seniority
- Candidates not undergone such training through AOI Kerala in the present or previous years
- Registration Fee – All candidates should pay Rs. 5,000 to “AOI Kerala State Branch” as Registration Fee
- Training / Course Fee – The training fee for each centre is given in tha “Application Form”, which should be paid by the candidate to the institution
- Training Centres – For a list of training centers, Please download the “Application Form”
- For including in the list of AOI Kerala Fellowship Training Centres, the concerned ENT Centre should officially inform the willingness for such training in ENT sub specialities, in the specified format forwarded either by the Head of the Institution, or the Head of the Department or the Managing Director/ Medical Director of the Institution.
- For including Government Medical Colleges in the Training Centres, it was decided to initiate discussion with the Govt. of Kerala through DME & Health Minister. The meeting entrusted State President & State Secretary for the same.
- Each centre should be ready to conduct at least 2 such training in a year of minimum 2 – 6 weeks duration each, for the candidates selected by the AOI Kerala State Branch through its uniform selection criteria.
- Accommodation – Accommodation will not be provided by the training centre or AOI. The expense for the same has to be met by the candidate
AOI Kerala Fellowship Committee
|Dr. Shibu George||–||President, AOI Kerala / Vice Chairman, AOI Kerala Fellowship Committee|
|Dr. Rajesh Kumar||–||Secretary, AOI Kerala|
|Dr. Jayakumar R. Menon||–||Chairman, AOI Kerala Fellowship Committee|
|Dr. Sharafudheen. K.P||–||Convenor, AOI Kerala Fellowship Committee|
|Dr. Unnikrishnan Menon||–||Co-Convenor, AOI Kerala Fellowship Committee|
Filled up Application Form along with DD/ Cheque may be sent to:
Dr. Sharafudheen. K.P
Convenor, AOI Kerala Fellowship Committee
Consultant ENT Surgeon
E.M.S Hospital, Panambi, Perinthalmanna
Malappuram Dt. Kerala PIN 679 322
Ph: 04933 302043